Wills & Enduring Powers of Attorney, Deceased Estate Administration

Plan for the future

Protecting your family and assets is a big responsibility. We're here to help ensure that if anything happens, the people you love will be in good hands.

We can support you with:

  • Making a will or updating your current one
  • Enduring Powers of Attorney
  • Estate administration when a loved one has passed

Thinking about a will, enduring powers of attorney or an estate?

Get in touch with us, we'd love to chat with you to see how our experienced team can assist you with your needs. 
summit content 23


It is really important to have an up-to-date Will once you start to own assets. Your Will says how you wish your assets to be dealt with upon your death and who is responsible for making sure this is done.

Your circumstances will change as life goes on and so a Will should be reviewed regularly to make sure that it reflects your wishes and is right for your current circumstances.

summit content 22

Enduring Powers of Attorney

A power of attorney gives a specified person (“the attorney”) authority to act legally for another person (“the donor”) in certain situations, for example, if the donor becomes unable to make decisions about his or her personal care and welfare or property due to ill health or age.

Giving a person the right to deal with your property and/or your personal care and welfare are very important powers and so the person to be appointed and the extent of the powers given to that person must be carefully considered. We recommend legal advice about the effect and consequences of granting a power of attorney, especially considering that it's a legal requirement before the documentation is signed.

summit wills content 4

Deceased Estate Administration

When a loved one passes away, their assets are administered in accordance with their Will, or the Administration Act 1969 if there is no Will. This generally involves an application to the High Court by the persons named as executors in the Will for a grant of probate or once letters of administration granted, the executors or administrators can administer the assets and make distributions to the beneficiaries according to the terms set out in the Will or the Administration Act.

Whether this process is straightforward or complicated depends on the nature of the assets involved, whether any claims are made against the estate and when the distributions to beneficiaries can be made.

Frequently asked questions

I need to get a family trust, can you help me?
Why do I need a lawyer to write a will?

Come and visit your friendly, local law team in Ferrymead.

Whether you've got something exciting on the horizon or need help with a problem that's worrying you, we'd love to have a chat about how we can help.